Last night we celebrated my birthday with the Wilson family. Most of the night's discussion centered on the mayoral race, the latest polls and what a lame mayor we have now (how did Rocky Anderson ever make it into office?). As the night drew to a close, Ted stood and gave a wonderful speech and tribute to Jenny (mayoral hopeful) as only a real politician could. He commended her hard work, tenacious spirit and dedication to her family. Most of the room was in tears by the end of his speech followed by a round of applause.Shortly following Ted's speech, Joey stood and reminded everyone that the reason we had gathered was to honor his wife and celebrate her birthday. He then proceeded to pay tribute to me, while I quietly tried to withdraw to downplay his compliments. As much as Joey likes to think he isn't into politics, he has it in his blood.
Lastly, the night finished with a charming speech from Jenny's oldest son Zach. He said:

"I would like to make a speech: I hope my mom wins. But it will be okay if she doesn't - she'll still have her job at the county."
Spoken like a true Wilson. I guess we will see what the future holds tomorrow night. Get out and vote - the primary is tomorrow, September 11th.

No comments:
Post a Comment