I was listening to a song while Owen and I were on a run Saturday that perfectly sums up the way music can take you to places and times long forgotten:We all have a song that somehow stamped our lives
Takes us to another place and time
Everytime I hear that song, I go back
Mariah Carey's song Always Be My Baby, takes me to 8th grade summers: water fights, chasing boys, swimming at the Fort (the JCC), and late night music videos - one of the happiest times of my life.
What song does it for you?

3 comments:
One of my favorite songs is "The Song Remembers When," by Trisha Yearwood, because it addresses this same subject, how a song can take you back like nothing else can!
There are so many songs that take me back, but the one that sticks out to me is "Dream' by the Cranberries. I don't know why but the song makes me so happy and reminds me of all the good things that have happened in my life. The song has come to be known as "My Happy Song" in our household.
Oh, yeah the Cranberries for me too. Something I hate to admit, but I am doing it now is the Violent Femmes totally remind me of junior high. Along with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Post a Comment