Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sweet and Simple

So thankful for the following conversations heard in my house this week:

Sammie (sitting next to Owen on the couch): "Christmas is a time when we celebrate the birth of Baby Jesus. It is just wonderful. Santa also comes. He only brings toys if you have been good. Can you be good Owen?" Owen: "Uh huh!" (In a very sweet and extremely optimistic tone) I can be a good boy!" That girl is a forty-year-old woman trapped inside a four-year-old's body.



Earlier this week, Owen and I were watching It's a Big, Big World on PBS and Owen quietly approached the tv with outstretched hands and said, "Hold you," to Snook the sloth. He started to get tears in his eyes and repeated himself. I questioned what was wrong and it became clear he was hearbroken Snook wouldn't hold and hug him. Valuable teaching moment about the realities of the tv.




Joey chuckling to himself after I recanted the previous story said, "I always wanted to be friends with the Mrs. Buttersworth lady. I really liked her . . .and Snuggles the bear . . . and the Pilsbury dough boy.

No comments: