Friday, November 21, 2008

Cheesy Movies

On Sunday, Joey came home from meetings following church and found me in bed, with the covers pulled up around my face, trying to hide my red, blotchy skin. Immediately he said, "Oh no, what's wrong?"

I sheepishly pulled the covers up even higher and said, "nothing . . ."

At this point he was really concerned.

I confided that I had just finished watching a movie and was sobbing uncontrollably. This is where the story gets really bad. "Which one?" he questioned.

This one:


I think I had him laughing for five minutes strait. I tried to explain, "the little boy got lost . . . the whole family rallied to find him . . .they all have idiosyncrasies but that is what makes a family a family . . . " and so on, but there was really no convincing him.

And then there was today. I had the tv on while I was finishing projects and O was napping. I don't know how I landed on ABC Family again, but I was suddenly caught up in this movie:
I couldn't turn it off even though I knew better because I was soooo stressed out by the injustices occurring in the movie. I think that is the one thing that affects me more than anything else in this world. Injustice. Oh, I was close to a panic attack.

Good news. It all worked out, just like most teen/family movies do.

So, today I'm grateful for lame movies and a husband who loves me in spite of the fact that I watch them and get really stressed out when I do.

3 comments:

Sarajane said...

Haven't seen Cheaper by the Dozen yet but I'll put it on our Skype list. I love feel good shows. What a funny story!!

Becky said...

Haha! I just saw Syndney White a few weeks ago! Here's the sad thing--I checked it out from the library ON PURPOSE!

Victoria Wilding said...

I love that you get all choked up over silly sappy movies. It makes me feel better since I can get choked up over literally anything. You are too cute.