Friday, July 25, 2008

4th of July Extravaganza

Yes, you read that correctly - 4th of July not 24th. I am just getting to that holiday. Yesterday, as in the 24th, was much more calm, if you can say that in my household. I ran the Deseret News 10K, we played in the sprinklers and spent the night BBQ-ing with friends. I also made my Wii debut. Sight to be seen.

The 4th on the other hand . . .

Let's just say, the 4th of July was a three day-long par-tay. We started on the 3rd with the annual Scott family hike to Cecret Lake. The Albion Basin was closed due to high levels of snow, so it ended up being more of a scenic walk at Snowbird.

We ventured to This is the Place Heritage Park early on the 4th. Lots of fun (and lots of work chasing Owen around that place).

We BBQ'd at my sister's house and then watched what her husband has dubbed "The Street of Fire."

Saturday we returned to Snowbird where we swam at the Cliff and enjoyed dinner sans children thanks to a nanny and had a great meal at a Mexican restaurant.

We had fun. Both holidays.


Scott family "hike" at Snowbird.


This is the Place, putting out fires.


As you can tell from the picture, I spent most of the time dodging poop. Each horse took their turn while I was out there.


Sammie was quite concerned about approaching animals and Owen was more interested in wood chips, rocks and the stream.


Owen squeezed this little guy on the bum. Lucky he didn't get kicked.


Oh, the trains . . . the highlight for Owen. He had a meltdown when he had to get off the little one.




Matt, the mastermind behind the "The Street of Fire."

1 comment:

Becky said...

I just barely blogged about the 4th of July , too!