Thursday, April 17, 2008

Owen, the Comedian

Last night, was another all-nighter in the Wilson household. Here is the time line as follows:

8:30 pm - Owen to bed. Silence.
10:00 pm - Tears, screams. Joey visits Owen briefly, calms him and leaves the room. More silence.
11:00 pm - (just as I am hopping into bed) Owen screams, many tears shed. No comfort. Not in the mood to fight with him or make him cry it out, we snuggle as I get him some Tylenol. He must be in pain, right?
12:45 am - Finally asleep. I think. I settle in on the couch.
1:00 am - "Mommy. Mommmmmmmeeeeeee." Great. Turkey. I take a pillow, blanket and head into Owen's room. "It is time to be asleep." I settle in on his floor.
2:00 am (I think): I hear Owen laughing and then him imitate someone snoring. "Ahhh-shoo." Great. Not only have I dozed off, but I was snoring and Owen thinks it is hilarious. He's not asleep, but making fun of his mom. Cute.
3:00 am - Owen quiet. No more noises coming from his crib or his mom. I leave the room and once again settle in on the couch.
4:00 am - Owen is crying bloody murder. I take my pillow, blanket and yet again make my way to Owen's room. He falls asleep much more quickly this time, meaning no comedic acts from him.
6:15 am - Owen bright-eyed and ready for the day. I am not amused.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

honestly, that's no comedic act. that's horrific torture. i hope your day went a bit better and you were able to get some shut eye. hope your last night went better.

Chris and Jen said...

I am so sorry. Sleepless nights are hard. Hopefully he'll snap out of it soon. Until then...I will think about you when I am up in the middle of the night with Abby.

Cansas said...

Shellie - hey there. Remember me?? It's been a long time. I found you from Jamie Schipaanboord's blog. Your little guy Owen is really cute. I couldn't figure out if any of the other kids posted are yours?? Hope you guys are doing well. Come check us out at:
http://www.jasoncansasfamily.blogspot.com