Our nine day babysitting extravaganza can only be labeled: comedic tragedy.
Better: By day three (and following the late night make him "cry it out" episode), Owen was sleeping through the night beautifully. 12 hours. We can't complain.
Badder: Meg, age 7, woke several times that same night, with the stomach flu. Joey lovingly tickled her head, got her water in between trips to the toilet to throw up. The following night, Owen woke with a bloody ear. I took him to Instacare. He had a plugged tube in his ear that had created a dam in his ear, creating a ton of pressure. It finally blew creating a bloody, pussy, mess. Consequently, the hours preceding the eruption were miserable. Owen was inconsolable. Six hours of "try not to hit something, kill someone, or lay down and cry" miserable for baby and mom. We took the girls to Grandma's house last night so we could try to get some rest. This morning, left ear has joined right ear, producing equal amount of liquid and puss.
Uglier: Owen likes playing with Meg's Hannah Montana doll.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Shellie that sounds awful! Poor Owen and mommy! I (this is Bradeigh) was a tubes-in-the-ear kid and I have memories of painful ear infections. I never had the bursting-dam-flowing-puss experience though. Not fun!
Oh my gosh! We've never had the bloody ear thing at our house. Poor Owen--and everyone else involved.
Sorry to hear that things haven't been going very well. The ear infections (blow outs) sounds horrible. I hope Owen's not in pain anymore. Will he be getting new tubes?
That is so horrible! I'm sorry-It's awful trying to console a child that is in so much pain that they don't want anything. I hope that it gets better fast!
Post a Comment