Saturday, December 29, 2007

Big Problem

I finally jumped on the Bandwagon and began reading the "vampire" books so many of my friends and family have been talking about. A sporadic reader at best, I figured the addiction the book creates certainly wouldn't apply to me.

I couldn't have been more naive. I have passed up very limited sleep opportunities and household chores to find out the fate of Bella Swan. I even acted like I knew what it was like to live in Western Washington (where the book is based) when a friend from Seattle was talking about their yard. Reading a fictional book hardly makes me an expert on Northwestern landscaping. Clearly I have a big problem, but it will probably be here until her last book of the series is complete.

6 comments:

Becky said...

I'm still holding out. I have several friends who have fallen in love with someone named Edward, so beware!

Chris and Jen said...

Glad to see you have joined the ranks. They are also making Twilight into a movie. Casting has already begun. And Stephenie Meyer made them sign in the contract that it would be rated pg-13. When they asked her why..she said because it's her story and she wants to be able to see it when it is released. We'll have to go see it together.

Scottie and Tasha said...

So, are you dreaming of Edward yet? :) I have all of the books so let me know if you need to borrow any of them!

Dana said...

Oh my gosh, I just love those books. I read them in a week and missed out on a lot of sleep, but it was so worth it. I'm so sad I have to wait so long for the 4th book to come out.

Sherrie said...

I have to clean the house before I start the next one...things get crazy when mom reads.

Jeni said...

I too have never been so obsessed by a series of books that I will forgo sleep to read another 100 pages. I don't know how Stephenie Meyer does it. It's been about six months since I read the last one and looking back I keep asking myself, "What is it about these teenagers that has me so enthralled?" I don't have an answer.