Owen has spent the past month in preschool studying the Pilgrims, the Mayflower, turkeys and all things Thanksgiving. Tonight, he reenacted for me the pilgrims journey and that they were "Going to my own church!"
Last Thursday during school, the children celebrated the holiday with a feast, complete with costumes they helped construct. When I walked into the room, I saw 10 darling little "pilgrims" feasting on chicken legs and other potluck contributions.
Upon my entrance, Owen jumped up in his chair and exclaimed "Arrgghh!!! I'm a pirate!" Oh, really. He gave every parent who followed me into the room the same welcome.
He is quite fond of his hat and wears it frequently. I caught him pulling the same face a few days ago. Nothing says "Happy Thanksgiving" quite like a pirate.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What do you guys do for preschool? Is it a coop? Sounds great.
Love the 'pirate' look - funny that's what ended up getting mixed in with all the pilgrim info.
Post a Comment