Friday, December 19, 2008

S is for Santa

S is for Santa

"And behold, this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness, insomuch that it shall appear unto man as if it was day." - Helaman 14:3

Here Comes Santa Claus

Visit Santa

I just returned from what has become an annual trip to Vegas with my dad and sister. C'est magnifique.

What should have been a three day trip, quickly turned into four when the entire Las Vegas airport was shut down for 24 hours due to snow and low visibility. It even made national news.

As if we hadn't been spoiled enough, my dad said, "Let's make the most of our extra day!" We upgraded hotels and with my dad being in a very generous mood, agreed to upgrade to the VIP tower (slow economy and low travelers in Vegas = upgrades for very little money). I can get used to this. I'm not quite sure what it is about turn-down service, but that might be something that I'm going to require from now on: a little mint on my pillow (or a handful upon request), someone to clean the room at the end of the day, ice and fresh water and fresh slippers to put on that I took home, I might add. I little piece of luxury from now on.

Yes, we made the best of a bad situation.




No comments: