Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted


I voted today. Did you?

I hauled 60+ lbs. of two-tear-old boys down to my voting center . . . in the rain . . . and snow . . . and wind . . . and cold.

They were very good once the candy and stickers were handed out.

I was very meticulous afterall because there were requests to use the potty one minute after I began.

Regardless, there is something to be said of voting and taking ownership in this country in which I live.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I thought I was brave just taking one two year old out in the rain. And, we drove to our polling location, even though it's less than a block away. Lame, I know. But, I voted. And, if you ask Henry he voted too. ;)

jamieleighcall said...

You're the woman! I was voter #4 this morning (a little anxious, you think?!) I thought there would be a huge line 15 minutes before the polls opened, lo and behold I was wrong. Jake had the kids and I was in and out of there in 5 minutes. I looked out the window this morning and saw the hail, sleet, and snow and thought "Good luck to all those trekking in that!" (I guess you were one of the "lucky" ones. ;) )

Chris and Jen said...

I took the precautions to not stand in line...and voted 2 weeks ago. But...I stood in line for one hour anyway. At least I left my mark on history.