Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gork

The character with Joey is my brother-in-law Sam. Or, Chancelor Gorkin as Joey would call him. He is humorous, and his sense of humor reminds me a lot of my brother.

In some ways, he is responsible for Joey and I falling in love . . .

When Joey returned from his mission, he bore his testimony in church. I mentioned to my mother that I thought he did a great job. We made some cookies and dropped them off at his house, leaving them with his mother, later that day.

That evening, as Joey walked into the kitchen he found the plate of cookies with a post-it note attached that said, "I love you." A little jittery, Joey called out, "Who are these from?!"

From the other room his mother replied, "Shellie."

Joey stood there, scratching his head, heart racing. A little forward don't you think?

To make a long story short, Sam, had written the note and fed his little head with ideas about me.

Regardless of how we fell in love, we did, for which I am forever grateful.

Sam, you are a good friend, brother-in-law, and have a good sense of humor. Happy Birthday!


1 comment:

Lorena said...

Um, excusez-moi, more details please.

So funny! Nicole got a good laugh, too.