Friday, July 11, 2008

It

Ten Years Ago: I was living at Solitude. I was 16. I was getting ready for soccer 2-a-days. Life was good.

Five things on today's "to do" list:
  1. Finish preparing primary lesson and other church responsibilities.
  2. Complete menu for the next two weeks and prepare grocery list.
  3. Pick up piano books for my students.
  4. Find Owen's shoes that mysteriously disappeared in my absence last night.
  5. Write on my blog!

Snacks I enjoy: I'll be honest. There are not a lot of "snacks" that I really crave. I like bananas, watermelon, berries, granola bars . . . but desserts, on the other hand - now we're talking. Milkshakes, mud pie, Oreo's, strawberry cream pie, Rocky Mountain Caramel Apples . . . the list could really go on and on. I'm not one to turn down chocolate, Swedish fish or other sweet treats.

Things I would do if I was a millionaire: Finally start that business I've dreamed of and not worry about it failing. Invest $ in the business Joey has already started building and all the charities he has already dreamed of donating to. Buy a house with a yard for Owen to run his little legs tired. Finally get Joey back to Brazil.

Places I have lived: I am pretty boring. I have lived in three houses, all within a one mile radius of each other. I spent the first two years of college in Provo and since then have made a habit of living in Student Housing, which consequently is still less than a mile from where I grew up.

There was however, one summer we were nomads. My parents sold their house and had not found a new one to purchase, so we house-hopped, staying at friends' houses, cabins, beach houses, until they found a house they liked. First we spent a month in Solitude, then to Newport, back to SLC at a hotel, and then we set up shop in an apartment until they found and renovated the house they live in now. That was an experience.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Hey Shellie if I would have had all my brain this week I would have called you when I went inside after finding Owen's shoes outside... I know.. you don't have to tell me.. I am an awesome friend ha ha =) I think I set them up on the table.... maybe???

Rachsticle said...

Your little boy is getting so big! Hope things are going well!
Rachel SYkes