Monday, March 31, 2008

Invalids


We've been away playing for a week (post to come soon) and have returned to sickness, injury, and sleepless nights.

First day back, I sprained my ankle badly during a soccer game. I'm mad.

Owen woke from his nap Saturday afternoon with goopy eyes. Instacare confirmed an infection. A day of antibiotics later, he is no longer contagious and should be happy right? Wrong.

Owen woke from his nap Sunday afternoon with bloody, disgustingly goopy ears. Fortunately for me, I have antibiotics for his ears (as a result of chronic ear infections), so I don't have to return to the doctor to begin treatment. Lots of tears and screams, but hopefully within the next day or two, he'll be out of control (in a good way) again.

We look pretty banged up between the two of us, but there is only room for improvement right?

1 comment:

Chris and Jen said...

Owen's poor ears. It seems that the kids that get ear infections get them bad. I am so sorry you got the short end of the stick. Get better soon so we can play ultimate when the snow melts. Hang in there...this too shall pass.