Thursday, February 28, 2008

What's in Your Bag?

I was recently tagged by a friend and was instructed to list every item in my purse. Well, these days I usually tote anywhere from one to three bags. One is a purse/diaper bag that I take everywhere. The second bag is a true diaper bag in case Owen is going somewhere sans Momma. The third bag is an old Banana Republic or Ann Taylor shopping bag I use to cart a lot of junk - either stuff I am chucking, taking to the DI or a hold all to transport something my mom is sending home with me. People probably think I go shopping every day, but really it is my junk bag.

Moment of truth.

Bag 1(North Face shoulder bag):
  • Smith's, Discovery Gateway and credit union receipts and car flyer (don't those make you mad?).
  • Empty folder that used to house all the papers I type for my mom. Let's just say she is not computer savvy and I am her personal secretary.
  • Cell phone. Yes, I finally have one - I've had it for one full year.
  • Two pens. Two of my favorites.
  • Burt's Bees lip balm and Carmex.
  • Wallet and keys.
  • Sinus medication.
  • Desitin, small first aid kit, diapers and wipes.
  • Bath and Body works hand sanitizer. Air freshener/hand cleaner in one.
  • A gazillion Jamba Juice napkins.
  • Orbit gum - binky replacement (not my doing).
  • Half-eaten fruit snacks.
  • Owen's socks and football gloves.
  • A ridiculous amount of crumbs, old gum wrappers, and debris. It's a good thing I was asked to do this little exercise.

Bag 2 (Diaper bag from India):
  • Yummy cookies made by Lorena. Lorena watched Owen this morning, made us cookies and dinner. Yes, Lorena has a newborn and two additional children to watch. She is Wonder Woman, a great friend and helping this tired mommy recover from the past few weeks of very little sleep. (FYI, I slept while she watched four children. I am feeling a little guilty and indulgent, but promised to return the favor one day.) Lorena's the best, there's not a lot more I can say.
  • Picture, created by Nicole. Drawing of Owen and Nicole (which are labeled) and the words "I love you Owen (heart) Nicole.
  • Empty sippy cup.
  • Polka-dot Binky. Not one of Owen's favorites. He prefers his blue or green one.
  • Desitin cream to help compensate for all the fruit this boy eats.
  • Trail mix.
  • Two diapers and wipes.
Bag 3:
  • Empty at the moment and folded up in my car, waiting to transport some Nielsen's frozen custard home that was left in my parents' freezer.
Consider yourself tagged if you knew who I was in 2005.

No comments: