My brother Dave, proposed to sweet Sydney last Thursday night. Last night, I was invited to the candle ceremony at her sorority house - a fun tradition where the engagement is announced. It was my third experience in the Greek world. The first, as a senior in high school, I went to the Sigma Chi's semi-formal Derby Days dance. The second, with Joey, I went to a Beta dance. We obviously didn't go to many more of those. Last night, however, was a lot of fun.

They were circled by her sorority sisters, family and close friends as they explained why they love each other. Then, Dave's fraternity brothers entered carrying 50 roses and sang "Sweetheart of Sigma Chi" to her (she actually is the sweetheart as luck would have it). Not exactly in tune, but enough to make a heart skip a bit nonetheless.
Sydney is ridiculously darling, kind and positive. She elevates my brother to something higher. She even has him dressing in something other than his dirty workout clothes.
I can't think of a better addition to our family. She really is a sweetheart.
No comments:
Post a Comment