What's not to love about Paula Deen? She is always happy, is completely comfortable in her own skin and makes deliciously sinful food. My sister made her pumpkin cake for our Thanksgiving dessert and it was fabulous. I thought I would share some of the goodness. One comment: the recipe says it serves 6. I had to laugh. Anyone that knows me knows that I can hold my own as far as desserts go. I mean, I could easily finish a large blizzard and still feel a little jipped. But, this dessert is rich! The 13" X 9" pan can easily serve 16. Ah, I guess that is why Paula is always smiling.
Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
Cake:
1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmegPreheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.

2 comments:
That sounds SO good! I love anything pumpkin, although I didn't like pumpkin pie for a long time. It has to be really sweet and flavorful for me to like it.
My mouth is watering right now. I love pumpkin pie. I'm going to have to try that recipe... once I get some motivation to cook again. :) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I e-mailed Heidi Atkin and she said we should all get together sometime. I saw Kendalyn yesterday. We should just have one big 21st ward reunion.
Post a Comment