Tuesday, October 2, 2007

As Good As it Gets


Saturday night was as good as it gets.

I was able to attend the General Relief Society Meeting with my mom and sister. This meeting was wonderful for all of the obvious reasons in addition to the fact that this was the first time in over a year I have been able to attend a church meeting without a distraction. Yes, I love my child, but I was tremendously grateful to sit quietly and be spiritually fed. I cried through half the meeting; clearly I needed this.

My dad picked us up outside the conference center and we drove to Bountiful to enjoy an ice cream at Nielsen's. An OREO concrete at Nielsen's in good company - what could possibly be any better than that?

The icing on the cake (as if you need more after Nielsen's) was that I got to play soccer Saturday night as well. With a very full belly, I headed to Kaysville to play indoor with some friends. I was subbing for some teammates and loved every minute. The facility is great, the people are nice and I played pretty well (don't ask me how with 2 lbs. of custard in my stomach). I owe any goals I scored to my friend - he is so good he makes you look better. It was heaven.

I couldn't have asked for a better night. It was bliss.

No comments: