Thursday, June 21, 2007

Roller Coaster Revisted

This time however, the roller coaster we have been on is not an emotional one. Wahoo!

Over the weekend, Owen and I met my family in Park City to ride the Alpine Slide and to enjoy the new addition to the resort: the Alpine Coaster. You can check out all they have to offer at:
http://www.parkcitymountain.com/summer/activities/index.html

Although I will admit prices have gone up a bit since I was 5, the thrill is still there. I really enjoy the slide, but I always fly off. I go way too fast and have several scars to prove it. The slide either flips out from underneath me or it and I go flying off the track together. Skin meeting slide at 20 mph does not make a good combination. I always end up bloody or end up hitting prairie dogs. That said, if you are cautious it really is safe. Honest. But, if you are the racing type and have no concept of danger, you will get hurt. Guaranteed.

The new Alpine Coaster, on the other hand, is awesome. The sled you sit on is secured to the track (no risk of flying off) and you get going around 30 mph. Now that is my kind of ride.

Owen is still too young to ride the slide and coaster, so he enjoyed eating rocks and sneaking into the rides at the bottom. This kid actually squeezed through the fence to the Merrie-go-Round. Luckily, we grabbed him before he got pegged by a rotating horse. Here are some pictures from our adventures.

Katie and Sammie coming down the Coaster

Owen enjoying the fruits of his labor


2 comments:

Chris and Jen said...

Looks like fun. I can't believe how big Owen is getting

Victoria Wilding said...

Eating Rocks, I love it! Sounds like a great time up there, now Boondocks beckons.